Encountering difficulty entering Lessons site?
Remember that the online classroom and the lessons site use different username and passwords.
The password for the Lessons site is in the Class Information handout and information for accessing the Class Information website website will be sent to you at that time.
Encountering difficulty accessing the online classroom?
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest Java. Java is a free download from www.java.com .
- Your computer probably already includes Java, but in order for it to work, you must install the latest version.
- Make sure your firewall (including programs such as Nanny Net or similar) on your computer does not block access to the online classroom. Each is different, so you will need to make any adjustments needed. NOTE: this is THE most common problem, so make sure you have checked for this if you have problems.
- Make sure you do not have Yahoo! toolbar – or completely disable it. Yahoo! toolbar is very invasive, and will block MANY programs.
- Internet Explorer has its own security, which may block some programs such as Java. Make sure to adjust those settings.
- If Internet Explorer is still giving you a hard time, you can download a more friendly browser – Firefox – from www.mozilla.com .
- This free browser works the same as your Internet Explorer, but is much more user friendly.
- If you continue to run into ANY problems, be sure to include the following in an e-mail to me.
- the EXACT error message or screen that you see and include it in your e-mail to me.
- your computer type (PC or Mac)
- Windows version (i.e. XP, Vista, Windows 7) OR Mac OS version.
- Browser – Internet Explorer, Firefox, or specific version of other browser.